Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's HAMMER Time!

I am proud to be announcing Hammer Nutrition as a sponsor for this 2014 racing season! I first started using Hammer products back in high school right before XC or track practice by getting a gel in the belly to "top off the tank" for the workout ahead. Since that time I have used Hammer Nutrition products with immense satisfaction so this opportunity is quite an honor.

Why I Love Them
Hammer is a company that doesn't just rest on the laurels of it's athletes to promote an image-- instead it maintains an ongoing product development process and INFORMS the athlete about how to not only properly use the products but also WHY their products are leading the sports nutrition industry. As a Registered Dietitian and competitive athlete I found it really refreshing a company could take this approach and be so gosh darn successful! It proved to me time and time again that athletes want to know the products they're putting in their bodies.

A range of products that cover the entire spectrum of an Athlete's life and needs.

The most striking thing about Hammer is that they offer the largest and broadest arsenal of products to meet the ever-changing physiological needs of an athlete. It's not just offering a zillion variations of the same gummy candies disguised as fuel-- these are products with an emphasis on delivering the kinds of energy-yielding macronutrients and micronutrients needed to keep racing or training at a high level while recovering with gusto.
As a healthcare professional who works consistently 50-60 hour weeks with occasional weekend hours I especially love how Hammer Nutrition has emphasized recovery in their product lines-- an element to training that many athletes forget! Diverse proteins, carbohydrates, coenzyme/vitamin, digestive enzymes, spices, and herbs are utilized to deliver a more complete recovery process coupled with adequate and appropriate diet.

So it's a bunch of refined junk? You're a hypocrite! False.
Anyone who has listened to my talks or had any interaction as my client will know that I prefer unrefined, local, organic foods any day. But as Steve Born, the guru of development at Hammer stated rather precisely, the diet of an athlete can benefit from specific nutrient supplementation-- it's simply a matter on timing those nutrients and recognizing that nutrient need varies based on workout, intensity, training/racing goals, and time of year. On many occasions, Hammer products are actually less processed than what you might find in your local deli that a considered "real food" or even wholesome.

These are products I can stand by through my own experience and professional opinion.
I wouldn't use something that I thought was crap, Period. I'm not bullshitting or even making money off of using Hammer products. I've tried pretty much all the brands on the market and I stand by Hammer products because:
  • They digest easier and gentler than many other products on the market.
  • Hammer doesn't add extra coloring or flavoring to products just to make it look more appealing or try and convince you it's more palatable simply on sight/smell/taste.
  • They don't use gluten derivative so it's friendly to a lot of people with stomach and gastrointestional issues against grains.
  • Many of their products are vegan or vegetarian-friendly. As someone who is allergic to egg and dairy this especially nice!
  • They use cutting edge science to develop supplements that are effective in maintaining performance.
So again, I am happy to announce the support of Hammer Nutrition and look forward to a year of training, racing, and new adventures.

As the year goes along I will be providing comprehensive reviews of some highlight products I use in my fueling and recovery.




No comments:

Post a Comment